GT LTD can work with most materials and geometries to provide high quality cost effective injection molding for low or high volume production runs.
Our injection molding machines can handle parts large and small with press sizes ranging from 7 tons to 300 tons. All batches are fully inspected by our QC department allowing you great peace of mind.
Injection molding process
• Client sends CAD and technical data to GT LTD
• Tooling manufactured according to drawings
• 5-10 test shot samples provided to customer (extra samples available on request)
• Following confirmation of samples mass production commences
• QC team carries out regular checks during manufacture and a full QC check is performed before packing and shipping.
Our cheap injection molding solutions can bring down the costs for you. To get your injection molded projects to market fast contact us here.
Plastic Injection Tooling
Plastic Injection Molding Materials
Many types of thermoplastic materials are available, and selection depends on the specific application. The following are some of the most common materials being used:
Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE)
Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
Plastic Injection Design Criteria
Ideal wall thickness of 2mm – 4mm (.080 inch to .160 inch)
Thin wall injection molding can produce walls as thin as .05mm (.020 inches)
Uniform wall thickness is preferred, otherwise the change in thickness should be as gradual as possible.
Recommended rib thickness should not exceed 60% of nominal wall thickness.
Draft angles for ribs should be a minimum of 0.25 to 0.5 degree of draft per side.
At corners, we suggest an inside radius of 0.5 times the material thickness and an outside radius of 1.5 times the material thickness.